Tutorial Tuesday: Models Own Velvet Spiderwebs

Hey everyone! I'm sorry it's been a few days since I last posted, I've been trying to get on top of the mountain of coursework that's due in very soon, and unfortunately that means my nails have fallen by the wayside. However, I still have 3 halloween posts for you (yep, I did an extra design) and I'm so excited for you to see the one I'll be posting on halloween itself. Today's post is a tutorial for these cute(ish) spider nails, which were done on a base of Models Own Obsidian*, from the Velvet Goth collection. The tutorial and swatches of Obsidian will be after the jump


These were quite rushed as I was doing them before I went for a train, but hopefully you'll still be able to gain something from the tutorial, in fact your version will probably be better than mine!


This was 2 coats of Models Own - Obsidian*. It's a little bit different to Absinthe from the same collection, which I showed you the other day, as the smaller glitter is more like bar glitter. Like Absinthe, this polish is completely enhanced with a topcoat, as you can see in the nail art picture above.


 And now for the tutorial! Enjoy:
Step 1: Paint your nails with your chosen base colour
Step 2: Paint an oval shape for the centre of your spider, and paint lines coming out from the corner of your nails, alternate between your nails for each design
Step 3: Using a thin brush paint ‘C’ shapes between the lines to create the spiderweb, and add the legs to the spider
Step 4: With a thin brush or dotting tool, paint on the eyes in black
Step 5: Paint white in the centre of the eyes (optional)
Step 6: Finish off with a topcoat to seal in your design, and you’re done!

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

0 comments:

Post a Comment