Then and Now: Cath Kidston + Tutorial

Hey everyone! It's been a while since my last Then and Now post so I thought it was about time to bring it back. I have done a tutorial for these nails as well which I'll post as a quick tutorial rather than a detailed one because I'm pretty tired. Today's post, as the title suggests, is a recreation of my Cath Kidston nails. You can see my original post, from just over a year ago here. As always, the 'then' will be after the jump, and this time the tutorial will be too!




These nails were done on a base of Rococo - Smitten, but I couldn't tell you what they were done on last time 


I remember being incredibly proud of the photography on these nails. Now I don't really see why, especially considering the photo below...


I also hate how long my nails are here. I know compared to the majority of bloggers they're not really that long but I just don't feel like I suit that kind of length. Aside from that, I do actually really like the design, it was definitely one of my proudest moments up to that point and I was happy to be able to recreate it to see where my skills have come along.


I definitely feel that there's been improvement, both in the execution of the design and in the photography, but I dont hate the original design either. 

Now for the tutorial!


Step 1: Paint your nails blue

Step 2: Using a dotting tool paint cloud shapes in white on your nail

Step 3: Using a thin brush paint light pink on the inside of the white

Step 4: Using a thin brush paint on the inside of the light pink in a darker pink for the shape of the rose

Step 5: Using a thin brush and green polish add leaves to your design, be careful to stay inside the white clouds

Step 6: Using a thin brush and white nail polish or acrylic paint, outline the cloud shapes one by one (see the ring finger)

Step 7: Finish outlining with dots

Step 8: Add a top coat to seal in your design and you’re done!


What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

0 comments:

Post a Comment