Oh how I love you... Rob Ryan valentines nails

Hey everyone! I'm very excited to show you today's post as I'm super proud of it. I know I should probably be modest but I love Rob Ryan and I'm so happy to have his work on my nails finally! If you dont know who Rob Ryan is I suggest you do some googling, he's a British artist who does lovely paper cut outs and screenprints which have been transferred onto many things. And you can find his blog here. This year for christmas I got a mug, a calender and a money box. And today's design is based off the money box, which you can see below, but I adapted the text to be more valentines-ey. 


I'm really happy with how this design came out, I probably chose a green that was a tad too bright but even so I really think you can tell that they're based on his style. He does a lot of designs with birds and this specific text. 


I used a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and then I added OPI - Greenwich village using a small, cutdown, detailing brush, which I also used for the birds in Barry M - Bright Pink, the birds feathers in white acrylic paint, and the writing in white and black acrylic paint. All topped off with two coats of seche vite. 

This picture of the money box was the only one I could find online and I dont feel it shows the colours very well, my nails were pretty accurate to the colours of the money box in reality. 


What do you think? Let me know in the comments, I love reading what you have to say!
Alice

Dont forget to enter my giveaway



0 comments:

Post a Comment