Then and Now: Week 14

Hey everyone! Today's 'Then and Now' post is a little different, because I've been wanting to redo this design for a while, but it's actually still online, and the photography isn't too bad in it, but I never had a top coat when I did them and I had no idea about cuticle clean up so I really wanted to see how different they looked. I've not looked at the old design for a long time and in my head it was a lot more detailed than it actually is, so my newer design is actually pretty detailed because that's how I imagined it, but hopefully that's a good thing right? As always the old design will be after the jump, but if you cant wait you can see it still on my tumblr here




As you can see I also missed out the Pacman from my thumb, but I just wasn't in the mood to wrestle with my yellow nail varnish, so I hope you dont mind! Also the original picture has been edited to have serious contrast issues on the thumb, I dont know why!

I used a base of China Glaze - Liquid Leather, then I used a small detailing brush to draw on the lines with Barry M - Cobalt Blue, then I used white acrylic paint and the same detailing brush for the white dots, then I added the details all in acrylic paint, and then I topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite.


Hope you like them! Which design do you prefer? I'm a little worried that I made the new nails too detailed. 

Let me know what you think in the comments!
Alice

0 comments:

Post a Comment