Guest post from Algae Veronica

Hey everyone! Today I have a guest post from the lovely Algae Veronica, aka the lovely Alex! Alex has been a wonderful friend to me and provides me with lots of the fabulous nail polish you see on my blog all the time, so I really hope you all love her post as much as I do. Tomorrow I shall have a review of the new Barry M nail art pens which I hope you shall enjoy, but for now I shall hand over to Alex and her wonderful rainbow zebra tutorial (after the jump)...







How-to for Zebra Nail Art and Rainbow Fade:

This design is one of my absolute favorites. It has always been difficult for me to choose just one color of polish, so being able to incorporate every color in a nail design is always awesome! When I'm working on clients, time is not always on my side, so I have to think of ways to achieve a really complicated, yet fun look without using up too much time. This is one of my favorite designs to do when I'm on a time crunch. The colors used for this look are "Pool Party," "Sun Worshiper," "Cetltic Sun," "Kiwi Cool-ada," and "Hanging In The Balance" by China Glaze. The striper I used to create the zebra stripes is from Orly's Instant Artist line in "Jet Black."

For your colors to really pop, especially if they're neon, I like to put a coat (or 2, but remember, technically you will have 3 coats of polish on, so make sure you have enough time to dry your nails) of white underneath my design. Wait 1-2 minutes for the white to dry before applying your rainbow fade. Begin with pink, then slightly overlap with orange, yellow, green, blue, and if you have enough room, go ahead and add pink again. Putting pink over the blue will make purple, so the blending will flow perfectly. Don't worry about making the blending perfect- the black zebra stripes will be covering most of your imperfections.



Grab your black striper, and gently but quickly draw you first stripe. Continue this technique, keeping in mind that your main goal is to cover the rough blending between colors. This will create the illusion that your colors are blending perfectly.

Finally, add your top coat. The top coat is the most important part in my opinion because it  completes the illusion of blending the colors


Alex also has a youtube tutorial for these nails if you'd find it easier to follow.

Thankyou Alex for such a wonderful and colourful post! What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

0 comments:

Post a Comment