Then and Now: Week 16

Hey everyone! Recently there's been a new 'tag' on instagram called 'themanithatstarteditall' and I was 'tagged' to do it. So I decided to incorporate it into this week's Then and Now post. So today's design were the first nails I ever took a picture of, and I remember that I was super proud of them. I have created a tutorial for this design so please let me know if you want to see it! As always, the 'Then' post will be after the jump! 




As usual, there's a significant jump in quality. And also my ability to use top coat, but aside from that I think the original design wasn't too bad.

Another reason I chose to do these nails this week was because of the reemergence of nail art pens back into my life. This design was originally done with nail art pens, and I was apprehensive to recreate it with a brush, as I'm still not very confident with brushes. So the new Barry M nail art pens were the perfect opportunity for me to recreate these. 


For this design I used the same base colour as with the original design; Rimmel - Perfect Plum. I used the pink and white Barry M nail art pens for the flowers and filled in the blue with Essence - that's what I mint (can you tell I'm obsessed with this colour?) 

For the first time in a very long time I also decided to brave it and do my right hand, I normally just have a solid colour on there, and I was so pleased with how it came out that I decided to show you a picture. I've never shown you my right hand before, ever, so enjoy!



Let me know what you think in the comments! Alice


0 comments:

Post a Comment